Emergency exit lighting
One of the most frequently asked questions from building owners and their tenants is if they need Exit and Emergency Lighting.We refer them to The Building Code of Australia (BCA) 2010 which outlines the regulations. There are different obligations under the Regulations dependent on if the building was built after 1st July 1994, or when building work occurred on that building.
- All Class 6 buildings over 100m² built after 1st July 1994 require exit and emergency lighting and
- All Class 6 buildings require at least one exit sign. Class 6 buildings include shops, cafés, restaurants, milk bars, dining rooms, and bars.
All required exit signs and emergency lights must comply with Australian Standard AS2293.1.
At each inspection R.T Projects Electrical can perform the following:
- Replace any defective batteries
- Operate the exit and emergency lighting systems from their battery supply and ensure that they remain illuminated for at least 90 minutes
- Replace any defective lamps
- Clean all signs in accordance with Australian Standard Guidelines
- Advise those responsible for the operation of equipment of any changes or adjustments
- Ensure that the Maintenance and Log Manual has been filled out and left in a secure place
- We are qualified to install and maintain all common systems
Call today for your no obligation quote.